What to Know Before You Go
Attending the SIMB Annual Meeting? Here is some helpful info & highlights not to miss:
- Registration opens at Sunday, August 12 at 11 am.
- Posters – Set up begins at 1 pm and must be completed by 4 pm.
- Plan to attend the Amgen Keynote speech by Jay Keasling, Sunday at 5 pm.
- Shuttle info/Amtrak/Metro.
Workshops – Sunday, August 12
Registration begins at 7 a.m. in Terrace Foyer; (walk-on registrants accepted until 7:30 a.m. in Terrace Foyer). More info
Monday, August 13
- Job Fair, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. More info.
- Exhibitor Showcases. View schedule.
- SIMB Industry Award 2012 recipient, Medimmune, Gaithersburg, MD. General session at 4:30 pm.
Tuesday, August 14
- 5K Fun Run/Walk, 6:15 am. Sign up at reg desk. Hold harmless waiver required.
- Alma Dietz Mixer, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Tickets: $20 with open bar & snacks. Available for purchase at reg desk. Limit 30 registrants.
- Student Oral Presentation Sessions, 2:30 – 5:30 p.m. More info.
- Special Topic: Women in Microbiology, 3:30 – 5:30. More info.
- Annual Banquet, 7 – 9:30 p.m. We hope to see you there, but if you are not attending, please return your ticket to the registration desk.
Wednesday, August 15
- SIMB Members, plan to attend the Annual Business Meeting, 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Thursday, August 16
- The 2012 Charles Thom award will be presented, 1-2 p.m.