SIMB membership is open to anyone with an interest in microbiology. Join online or download and fill out the membership application today to meet new colleagues who share your professional interests, allowing stimulating new scientific collaborations, a better sense of involvement, or even a new and better job.
Interested in SIMB membership? Sign up for email notifications >>
Join SIMB or Renew Your Membership
SIMB memberships follow the calendar year, January 1 – December 31 (memberships for the current year are accepted until September 30).
Click here to join SIMB or renew your membership online
SIMB offers a variety of individual membership options to suit all professionals, students and emeritus with an interest in microbiology and biotechnology. Join now as an individual member.
Benefits of Individual Membership
• Subscription to SIMB News, the Society’s quarterly news magazine (available in print copy or online access)
• Subscription to Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology ** (available in print copy or online access)
• Reduced meeting registration fees
• Exclusive SIMB member discounts for short courses at North Carolina State University’s Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center (BTEC)
• Job Placement Service including access to the SIMB career center for posting and finding jobs
• Online, searchable membership directory
• Consultant listing services (additional fee – $50)
**applicable based on membership level
Individual Membership Categories
1) Regular ($110) – Membership level for professionals in the United States
2) Non-US Regular ($130) – Membership level for professionals outside of the United States
Student membership is for graduate and post-doctoral students for five years from their join date. There are two levels of student membership:
• Student (SIMB News only – $40) – Student members receive the Society’s quarterly news magazine along with the other benefits of individual membership.
• Student (SIMB News and JIMB – $70) – Student members receive both of the Society publications along with the other benefits of individual membership
SIMB also offers emeritus membership. To be considered for emeritus membership one must be retired, have been a member of SIMB for at least 20 years and be approved by the board of directors. If you would like to be considered for emeritus membership, fill out the emeritus membership application. If you have any questions about emeritus membership, contact the membership department.