To be the leading international professional society in industrial microbiology and biotechnology
Empower our members and others to address current and future challenges facing humanity using industrial microbiology and biotechnology.
Scientific excellence (innovation, rigor, multi-disciplinary science and engineering, translational technology)
Leadership (collaboration, continuity, advocacy)
Diversity (promotion, inclusion, openness, internationality)
Responsibility (ethics, integrity, transparency, societal impact)
Communication (education, information, outreach, responsiveness)
Passion for science (fun, inspiration)
1. Provide information to increase global knowledge, understanding, and application of industrial microbiology and biotechnology.
2. Organize preeminent meetings in our core scientific disciplines.
3. Publish the leading journal in industrial microbiology and biotechnology.
4. Promote and increase diversity in all aspects of the Society, with membership open to anyone interested in our vision and mission.
5. Enhance the value of membership in the Society for both individual and corporate members.
6 Offer educational/professional development opportunities for the membership and the general public.
7. Communicate our activities and accomplishments in industrial microbiology and biotechnology to both the global scientific community and the general public.
8. Expand our global reach.
9. Ensure the financial and operational stability of the Society.