SIMB has a variety of individual membership options to match different stages in your career. The Society members are employed in industry, government and academic laboratories. SIMB’s international membership presence is strong with members in over 25 countries. Join online or download and fill out the membership application today (applications can be submitted by mail, email or fax) to meet new colleagues who share your professional interests, allowing stimulating new scientific collaborations, a better sense of involvement, or even a new and better job.
1) Regular ($110) – Professionals actively employed in industry, academia, government, consulting or other industries who reside in the United States. Regular members receive access to all SIMB member benefits and possess full voting rights according to the Society’s bylaws.
2) Non-US Regular ($130) – Professionals actively employed in industry, academia, government, consulting or other industries who reside outside of the United States. Non-US Regular members receive access to all SIMB member benefits and possess full voting rights according to the Society’s bylaws.
3) Student ($58)
Student membership is for full-time graduate students and postdoctoral students. Student status must be verified by dean or department chair. Student members receive access to all SIMB member benefits. Student members are not eligible to vote. Student membership is available for five years from the student’s join date (student members still need to renew yearly). After five years, student members must renew as a US Regular or Non-US Regular member.
**SIMB conducts regular audits of students and may at any time, contact individuals to request verification of their eligibility. Continued eligibility is based on an individual’s ability to provide suitable documentation. Failure to provide such documentation, may result in the cancellation of their membership.
4) Emeritus (Gratis)
To be considered for Emeritus membership one must be a current SIMB member at the time of application submission, retired, have been a member of SIMB for at least 20 years and must be approved by the board of directors. There are two levels of Emeritus membership:
If you would like to be considered for Emeritus membership, fill out the emeritus membership application and submit it to the SIMB office (by mail, email or fax). If you have any questions about Emeritus membership, contact the membership department.
Interested in SIMB membership? Sign up for email notifications >>
Join SIMB or Renew Your Membership
SIMB memberships follow the calendar year, January 1 – December 31 (memberships for the current year are accepted until September 30).
Click here to join SIMB or renew your membership online
Member benefits include:
• Subscription to SIMB News, the Society’s quarterly news magazine
• Discount to publish in the Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology
• Reduced meeting registration fees
• Job Placement Service including access to the SIMB career center for posting and finding jobs
• Online, searchable membership directory
• Consultant listing services (additional fee – $50)
Membership Cancellation Policy
Established January 1, 2021 for immediate use
SIMB membership cancellations received within 14 days of the membership start date are eligible to receive a full refund. Cancellations received after the stated deadline are not eligible. Cancellation requests must be sent in writing by email to membership department or faxed to 703-691-7991.
Please note, SIMB membership is non-transferable and this offer is not valid if you have taken advantage of discount member pricing for a SIMB meeting registration, exhibit, workshop or any other member related benefit during your current membership term.
Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment, or if the member paid by check, a refund check will be issued to the original payer.